ACM SIGCSE (Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education)
Service on the Organizing and Program Committees at SIGCSE, ITiCSE, CSEE&T, and other conferences
- Served as Associate Program Chair for SIGCSE for multiple years
- SIGCSE 2019: Database Co-Chair and Birds-of-a-Feather Co-Chair
- SIGCSE 2018: Webmaster and Database Co-Chair
Guest editor of ACM TOCE for a special issue on capstones and large course projects
- Available at https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3229882
Center for Innovation in Computing Education and Outreach @ UVA
- I served as the first Director of the Center for Innovation in Computing Education and Outreach (CompEdCenter) at UVA from January 2017 through August 2021.
Department of Computer Science @ UVA
- Chair of the CS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for multiple years
- Helped enact sevearl major changes to the curriculum, including a revamp of CS1 and introducting a capstone program
- Currently responsible for updating the "core curriculum" to the New Foundation Curriculum
- Chair of the SEAS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for multiple years
Please see my Curriculum Vitae for more detailed information.