ACM SIGCSE (Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education)
I am excited to be serving as Symposium Co-Chair for SIGCSE 2020 in Portland, OR, and SIGCSE 2021 in Toronto, Canada (or online...)! If you are interested in serving on the organizing committee for SIGCSE 2021, please email me at email@example.com and/or fill out the volunteer form here: https://goo.gl/forms/feIlP1rOpvaiz7Ay2!
Service on the Organizing and Program Committees at SIGCSE, ITiCSE, CSEE&T, and other conferences
- Served as Associate Program Chair for SIGCSE for multiple years
- SIGCSE 2018: Webmaster and Database Co-Chair
- SIGCSE 2019: Database Co-Chair and Birds-of-a-Feather Co-Chair
Guest editor of ACM TOCE for a special issue on capstones and large course projects
- Available at https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3229882
Center for Innovation in Computing Education and Outreach @ UVA
- I currently serve as the Founding Director of the Center for Innovation in Computing Education and Outreach (CompEdCenter) at UVA.
Department of Computer Science @ UVA
- Chair of the CS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for multiple years
- Helped enact sevearl major changes to the curriculum, including a revamp of CS1 and introducting a capstone program
- Currently responsible for a full redesign of the entire CS curriculum
- Chair of the SEAS Undergraduate Curriculum Committee for multiple years